- Ages: All Ages
- Duration: 4 to 6 hours
- Departs: Seward, AK
- Location: See below
- Exertion: Easy to Strenuous
- Price: $129 per person
Ask us about custom dates for individuals, couples, families, and groups.
TRIP DETAILS & ITINERARY
Experienced guides take guests on trails tailored to each group’s preferences and level of difficulty. Every trail showcases the gorgeous nature of the area’s diverse environment. Guests can get the chance to skirt above the tree line for breathtaking views of the Harding Icefield, glaciers, Resurrection Bay, pristine lakes, and the emerald forests of Kenai Fjords National Park.
Along each hike, guests will learn about the local history and wildlife of the area. The region is home to a number of large animals, including brown and black bears, Alaskan moose, lynx, and a vast array of sea life. During a stop for a satisfying picnic-style lunch surrounded by breathtaking landscapes, guests can ask their guide about the wildlife, fish, and aquatic species that make the place a popular destination for travelers from all over the world.
EXIT GLACIER AREA HIKE
Easy: 2 to 4 hours
2.5 to 3 miles round trip
Exit Glacier is the primary destination for visitors to witness up close the power of the glaciers in Kenai Fjords National Park. You’ll be guided on a network of trails through cottonwood forest that lead to different views of Exit Glacier. With lots of beautiful and fun options your KBA guide will make this an adventure you’ll remember for a lifetime.
If you’re really looking for a dose of Alaskan nature and adventure, your guide will take you right up to the toe of the glacier, if the glacier is accessible, and if conditions are safe to do so. There is also an option for a little more exertion that leads to an overlook with panoramic views of Exit Glacier in its own glacially carved valley.
This is one of our favorite hikes in the area as it appeals to people from all walks of life, and all ages. The Exit Glacier area presents a wonderful opportunity to learn about glaciology and to see natural history up close.
MODERATE – VARIOUS OPTIONS!
Moderate: 6 hours
Choose from one of our many moderate options or go with the ever-popular “Guide’s Choice” hike!
Some of the types of hiking you can expect on the moderate option:
- Mount Marathon Moderate
- Exit Glacier Trails & Harding Icefield Trail Combo
- Troop Lake Forest Hike
MOUNT MARATHON BOWL HIKE
Strenuous: 6 hours
Join KBA on a locals-favorite wilderness hike. The views are absolutely amazing from Mt. Marathon Bowl. It takes some work and effort to get up there, but it’s totally worth it! You’re rewarded with stunning views of Seward and Resurrection Bay that stretch for miles and miles.
Panoramic views flow into sweeping vistas highlighted by beautiful alpine flowers, and lush tundra vegetation. See a magnificent waterfall on your way up to the Bowl, that soon culminates with an up close and personal view of this glacier carved landscape, fresh with alpine wildflowers, patches of snow, and a cascading stream. This is a journey into the mountain wilderness that will surely be a highlight of your Alaska Adventure!
- TRIP TIME: See Booking Calendar
- DURATION: 4-6 Hours
- LOCATION: Seward area (see options)
- DEPARTS: Seward, Alaska
- DIFFICULTY: Group Preference – Easy to Strenuous
- DISTANCE: 2 to 8+ miles of hiking
- AGE LIMIT: All Ages
- Check-In: Please arrive 30 minutes prior to start time.
- Terrain: You must have a reasonable level of fitness and be able to walk on uneven terrain.
- Children: Available to all ages. Infants under the age of 2 are free. Under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- What To Bring: Please eat a hearty breakfast in the morning prior to arriving for your trip. Bring snacks, and a full water bottle. Sturdy, well broken-in hiking boots or shoes. Waterproof rain jacket. Clothes for dressing in layers; dress for current weather conditions. Camera, sunglasses, sunscreen, bug spray, and any personal items. Cash if offering guide gratuities.
- Deli lunch: wrap, piece of fruit, and a granola bar
- Professional Wilderness Guide
- Interpretive guided hiking
- Small group tour
- Courtesy pickup & drop-off in Seward
- Meeting & Pick-Up Options:
We provide complimentary transportation from accommodations (if you don’t have transportation), and a central-meeting location within Seward (if you don’t have transportation or accommodations). If you have your own transportation, we ask that you please meet us at our office. Transportation within Seward is designed for travelers that do not have their own transportation.
All guests are welcome to ride with us from our office. We will transport you to the National Park where your tour begins. See Details section for more information.
- Meeting Places: KBA Office, or the Seward Boat Harbor (area near large anchor statue)
- Pick-Up / Drop-Off: Available at local hotels, cruise port, and train depot in Seward; pick-up times will be confirmed upon booking, but it may be up to 45-60 minutes prior to your trip start time.
- From Seward: Most participants choose to meet us at our office, and then ride with us, or follow us to the trip starting point. Pickups in Seward will result in us stopping by our office.
- Seward pick-up time: If you have chosen to be collected from Seward then your pickup time will be listed in your confirmation email. Please be ready to be picked up from your selected pick-up point, note that pickup can take up to 30-45 minutes. If you don’t know where you are staying, don’t worry, simply select the “To Be Announced” option and then update us when you have more details. If you don’t see your pickup location listed, please inquire with us to see if it’s within our pickup area.
*We have myriad trail hiking options in Seward from lush boreal forests, glaciers, craggy mountains, and alpine tundra.