- Ages: 10 years +
- Duration: 8 hours
- Departs: Seward, AK
- Location: Kenai Fjords National Park
- Exertion: Strenuous
- Price: $129 per person
Ask us about custom dates for individuals, couples, families, and groups.
TRIP DETAILS & ITINERARY
Enjoy a rigorous hike in the beautiful Kenai Fjords National Park. Starting on the valley floor, the trail winds through cottonwood and alder forests, passes though heather filled meadows and ultimately climbs well above tree line to a breath-taking view of the Harding Icefield.
Guests are in for a remarkable day hike on an 8.2 mile loop along the Harding Icefield Trail. Winding through the valley floor, the trail passes through a forest of alder and cottonwood, over meadows abundant in heather with a climactic ascent above the tree line to a stunning vista of the Harding Icefield. The trail’s summit offers guests a glimpse into past ice ages – the view of snow and ice stretching as far as the eye can see, fragmented with the occasional lone peak.
Those looking for an arduous and adventurous trek will not be disappointed. Guests are rewarded for their efforts with an incomparable view. Hikers can expect about 1,000 feet in elevation gain per mile hiked, and roughly 6-8 hours of hiking. The incredible experience awaits those up for a one of a kind excursion to see the area’s breathtaking wonders.
Included: Lunch deli wraps, granola bar, and piece of fruit.
Duration: 8 hours
- TRIP TIME: See Booking Calendar
- LOCATION: Kenai Fjords National Park
- DEPARTS: Seward
- DIFFICULTY: Strenuous
- DURATION: 8 hours
- DISTANCE: 8+ miles
- Check-In: Please arrive 15 minutes prior to start time.
- Meeting Place: Seward Small Boat Harbor (area), or Exit Glacier Nature Center; a map and directions are provided with your reservation confirmation.
- Pick-Up / Drop-Off: Available at local hotels, cruise port, and train depot in Seward; pick-up times will be confirmed upon booking, but it may be up to an hour prior to your trip start time.
- Terrain: The upper portion of the trail is often covered with snow through early July. Be prepared for storms, high winds, intense sunlight, and sudden temperature changes. Hiking involves uneven, slippery terrain.
- Children: Limited to 10 years old and up. Under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult. Please call if traveling if children younger than 10 years old. We may be able to accommodate.
- What To Bring: Please eat a hearty breakfast in the morning prior to arriving for your trip. Bring snacks, and a full water bottle. Sturdy, well broken-in hiking boots or shoes. Waterproof rain jacket. Clothes for dressing in layers; dress for current weather conditions. Camera, sunglasses, sunscreen, bug spray, and any personal items. Cash if offering guide gratuities.
- Inclusions: Deli lunch wraps, piece of fruit, and a granola bar, Professional Wilderness Guide, interpretive guided hiking
*This tour operates rain or shine!