TripSafe Cancellation Protection | Flexible Booking
TripSafe was instated as a means for customers to protect their purchase on select Kenai Backcountry Adventures’ tours. With TripSafe coverage added to a Kenai Backcountry Adventures reservation, travelers have the extra protection for changes in plans; from 12 to 24 hours on day tours, and 30 days on multi-day/expeditions from the start date or departure time; depending on the tour.
TripSafe is especially handy when travelers are forced to cancel the trip AFTER the cancellation cut-off (typically 2 days, 5 days, or up to 60 days, before the tour); without TripSafe, a refund would not be administered after the cut-off.
TripSafe Fees & Conditions
The TripSafe fee is based on a percentage of the booking total, which will vary depending on the type of tour. This fee is non-refundable. The option to add TripSafe to a booking is visible in the booking form, lower section, for each trip offering TripSafe Cancellation Coverage.
Terms and Conditions
- TripSafe is only available when making the original booking, it cannot be added after you have completed your purchase.
- TripSafe is not valid for bookings made less than the TripSafe Cancellation Protection offer for the specific tour start date or departure time.
- TripSafe is only valid on bookings made directly with Kenai Backcountry Adventures.
- Bookings made through third parties do not qualify for TripSafe Cancellation Protection.
Process to receive a refund with TripSafe:
- In order to cancel with TripSafe, customers will be required to contact Kenai Backcountry Adventures via phone (907-331-4912) or email (fun[at]kbaalaska.com) no less than the TripSafe Cancellation Protection term PRIOR to the departure time (day tours) or start date (multi-day tours) of your activity; see confirmations for details.
- Customers must tell the reservation agent the booking number of the activity to receive a full refund, minus the TripSafe fee. The booking number is visible on the booking confirmation (sent via email).
- TripSafe Cancellation Protection does not qualify for no shows, or late arrivals. If a customer calls or emails less than the TripSafe Cancellation Protection term from the scheduled departure time (day tours) or start date (multi-day tours) to cancel, the protection will not be valid.