TripSafe Cancellation Protection | Flexible Booking
TripSafe was instated as a means for customers to protect their purchase on select Kenai Backcountry Adventures’ tours. With TripSafe coverage added to a Kenai Backcountry Adventures reservation, travelers have the extra protection for changes in plans; from 12 to 24 hours on day tours, and 30 days on multi-day/expeditions from the start date or departure time; depending on the tour.
TripSafe is especially handy when travelers are forced to cancel the trip AFTER the cancellation cut-off (typically 2 days, 5 days, or up to 60 days, before the tour); without TripSafe, a refund would not be administered after the cut-off.
TripSafe Fees & Conditions
The TripSafe fee is based on a percentage of the booking total, which will vary depending on the type of tour. This fee is non-refundable. The option to add TripSafe to a booking is visible in the booking form, lower section, for each trip offering TripSafe Cancellation Coverage.
Terms and Conditions
- TripSafe is only available when making the original booking, it cannot be added after you have completed your purchase.
- TripSafe is not valid for bookings made less than the TripSafe Cancellation Protection offer for the specific tour start date or departure time.
- TripSafe is only valid on bookings made directly with Kenai Backcountry Adventures.
- When receiving partial refunds there is no reimbursement of the online booking fee (if applicable).
- Bookings made through third parties do not qualify for TripSafe Cancellation Protection.
Process to receive a refund with TripSafe:
- In order to cancel with TripSafe, customers will be required to contact Kenai Backcountry Adventures via phone (907-331-4912) or email (fun[at]kbaalaska.com) no less than the TripSafe Cancellation Protection term PRIOR to the departure time (day tours) or start date (multi-day tours) of your activity; see confirmations for details.
- Customers must tell the reservation agent the booking number of the activity to receive a full refund, minus the TripSafe fee. The booking number is visible on the booking confirmation (sent via email). When receiving partial refunds there is no reimbursement of the online booking fee (if applicable).
- TripSafe Cancellation Protection does not qualify for no shows, or late arrivals. If a customer calls or emails less than the TripSafe Cancellation Protection term from the scheduled departure time (day tours) or start date (multi-day tours) to cancel, the protection will not be valid.