- Ages: All Ages
- Duration: 6 hours
- Departs: Homer, AK
- Location: Kachemak Bay State Park
- Exertion: Moderate
- Price: $249 per person
Ask us about custom dates for individuals, couples, families, and groups.
TRIP DETAILS & ITINERARY
THE PERFECT HIKING ADVENTURE FOR FAMILIES!
Hiking in the Kachemak Bay State Park is an experience you’ll never forget. Take a stroll through the Alaskan wilderness on this refreshing hike in Kachemak Bay State Park. As you follow your guide through forested trails, learn about local history and the lush nature of the area, and savor pristine views of glaciers, mountains, lakes, and the alpine tundra.
Accompanied by a guide, head to this remote park located on the Kenai Peninsula, accessible only by boat or plane. Te beautiful wilderness park spans an impressive 400,000 acres of diverse terrain. Your guide takes you out on a trail tailored to your group’s difficulty preferences that showcases the gorgeous nature of the wilderness park. You can get the chance to skirt above the tree line for breathtaking views of the Kenai Mountains, glaciers, pristine lakes, and the emerald forests of the park.
As you hike, learn about the local history and wildlife of the area. The area is home to a number of large animals, including bears, Alaskan moose, lynx, and a vast array of sealife. During a stop for a satisfying picnic lunch surrounded by lush landscapes, you can relax in breathe in the fresh mountain air.
Visit our Kachemak Bay State Park page for more information about this remote wilderness state park.
- *Start Time: 09:00 AM is our standard departure time, but the actual start time for your tour date may vary due to tide cycles and/or weather. Your start time could be earlier or later than 9:00 AM. We will confirm the start time with you prior to your tour date.
- Check-In: Please arrive 15 minutes prior to start time to check-in.
- Meeting Place: Our office will confirm the meeting location with you prior to your tour. We offer pickup at accommodations within the Homer area with advance reservations.
- Terrain: You must have a reasonable level of fitness and be able to walk on uneven terrain.
- Children: Available to all ages. Under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- What To Bring: Sturdy, well broken-in hiking boots or shoes. Waterproof rain jacket with hood. Clothes for dressing in layers; dress for current weather conditions. Camera, sunglasses, sunscreen, bug spray, water bottle and any personal items.
- Inclusions: Sack lunch (sandwiches, options available), water, tea. Roundtrip boat transportation.