- Ages: All Ages
- Duration: 6 hours (up to 8 hours available)
- Departs: Kenai, AK
- Location: Lake Clark National Park
- Exertion: Moderate
- Capacity: Up to 6 people per tour (larger groups available, please call)
- Price: $995 per person
*Minimum: 2 participants per trip required to guarantee
*Solo travelers welcome with at least 2 other people already booked
Ask us about custom dates and private trips for individuals, couples, families, and groups.
TRIP DETAILS & ITINERARY
Experience Alaska Bears like never before, see them in their natural *undisturbed* habitat. Witness the majesty of Alaska Bears as you hike within their domain during your very own, exclusive Alaska Bear Viewing Experience! A new completely unscripted, freestyle adventure with the famous Bears of Alaska.
Entrust KBA to guide you on the most exclusive custom Alaska Bear Viewing Experience departing from the Kenai Peninsula. Enjoy an intimate experience within the remote backcountry with your very own customized Alaska Bear Viewing Experience day trip.
EXCLUSIVE ALASKA BEAR VIEWING EXPERIENCE
An exclusive, small group tour led by highly-experienced Bear Guides to the most natural, undisturbed Bear Viewing area in Alaska. These bears have not been surrounded by 4-wheelers, planes, or other noisy gasoline powered vehicles. These bears have not been stalked by droves of loud groups of people. Theses bears go about their day in the pure bliss and solitude that nature affords them. We hike quietly, and tread lightly within their habitat to keep the rawness, and realness of this natural beauty as pristine as Mother Nature made it.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Your Experience begins in Kenai, when you arrive at our flight office for your pre-trip briefing and check-in. You will take to the skies in one of our professionally maintained, and flown Alaska bush aircraft. The flight is exhilarating, and you will have the opportunity to see snowcapped volcanoes, massive glaciers, and even some wildlife. Soon you’ll touch down in the backcountry on the west side of Cook Inlet, Lake Clark National Park, in a brand new, exclusive bear viewing area.
From here you will hike with your Bear Guide about 1 mile on easy-moderate terrain to look for bears. But, there’s always the chance that the bears may greet us near the airplane as they frequently roam the area. Once we locate the bears, we will watch them, we will gaze upon them in awe. We will study their behavior and let them know we appreciate them allowing us to walk amongst them in their natural domain.
Our Alaska Bear Viewing Experience tours are completely freestyle and unscripted. The bears do not have a script, therefore we will not either. We will roam the area watching the bears, and moving around through this environment as we gain various vantage points, and new viewing opportunities.
The environment is rich with wildlife, and we often see brown bears, and black bears, as well as the occasional meandering moose. After approximately 5 hours of hiking, and wildlife watching you’ll be back in the air, flying back to the mainland.
- Exclusive Alaska Bear Viewing Experience
- Top of the Bucket-List type of Tour
- Amazing scenery and views from the air and land
- Abundance and variety of wildlife
- Opportunity to see wildlife in their native environment
- Professional pilots, and dedicated Bear Guides
WHY CHOOSE KBA?
Adventures in the backcountry are our bread and butter. It’s all up to the bears and the time of season, but we like to take our guests to areas that aren’t crowded and require waiting in line just to stand on a man-made platform in hopes of seeing a far away glimpse of a bear. There’s something about watching bears from a wooden deck that feels a bit like zootopia… Maybe it’s just that we’re so used to seeing bears in their natural habitat all over the backcountry of Alaska, that a wooden platform seems so out of place. Join us and you will experience something AMAZING!
- TRIP TIME: See Booking Calendar
- DURATION: 6 Hours
- LOCATION: Lake Clark National Park
- DEPARTS: Kenai, Alaska
- DIFFICULTY: Easy’ish to Moderate
- DISTANCE: 2+ miles of hiking, more for the adventurous
- AGE LIMIT: All Ages – capable of hiking these distances on soft terrain
A 2 person minimum is required on tours with zero guests currently booked. Single bookings are available once we have at least 2 people booked on a tour.
Private tours are available, please call our office for more details (907) 331-4912
- Check-In: Please arrive 30 minutes prior to start time for check-in and safety-briefing.
- Meeting Place: Kenai flight office. A map and directions are provided with your reservation confirmation.
- Terrain: You must have a reasonable level of fitness and be able to walk on soft, uneven terrain.
- Children: Available to all ages, however we don’t recommend infants. Children must be able to hike the distances listed. For families with young children consider booking a private trip (call for details). Under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- What To Bring:
- Please eat a hearty breakfast or lunch prior to arriving for your trip.
- Bring snacks, and a full water bottle.
- Sturdy, well broken-in hiking boots or shoes.
- Waterproof rain jacket. Clothes for dressing in layers; dress for current weather conditions. Camera, sunglasses, sunscreen, bug spray, and any personal items. Cash if offering pilot & guide gratuities (recommended!).
- Round-trip bush flights to/from the backcountry.
- Professional Pilot & Bear Guide.
- Deli-style lunch (deli-wrap, granola bar, and a piece of fruit)
- Interpretive guided hiking.
- Small group tour.