- Ages: 10 years +
- Duration: 6.5 hours
- Departs: Kenai, AK
- Location: Lake Clark National Park
- Exertion: Moderate to Strenuous
- Season: July – September
- Price: $995 per person
*Minimum: 4 participants per trip required to guarantee (2 participants possible with a $500/person surcharge)
*Solo travelers welcome with at least 2 other people already booked
Ask us about custom dates for individuals, couples, families, and groups.
TRIP DETAILS & ITINERARY
FLY-IN & HIKE ON A GLACIER IN LAKE CLARK NATIONAL PARK
Get ready for an Alaskan-style glacier hiking adventure in Lake Clark National Park! Leaving from Kenai, you’ll fly in a bush plane with your glacier guide to a remote area adjacent to the glacier.
After an exhilarating hike to the glacier’s edge, you’ll put on your glacier hiking equipment; crampons, harness, and helmet. Your guide will teach you the proper techniques for glacier hiking and then you’ll set off on an unscripted adventure on this ancient ice.
Your guide will show you a variety of glacial features such as massive crevasses, bottomless moulins, and perhaps even a hidden ice cave! Deep in the Alaskan wilderness, you’ll experience a taste of what it’s like on our mountaineering expeditions.
Trips includes a round trip bush plane flight to and from the glacier, professional glacier guide, and all the technical equipment needed for safe glacier travel.
What To Expect
Your trip begins in Kenai where we’ll begin with a safety briefing. You’ll board a bush plane and take to the skies on a 30 minute flight across Cook Inlet.
Landing in the backcountry surrounded by glaciers and mountains. The majority of the trip is spent hiking on or near the glacier, but we’ll take rest breaks as needed. The hiking distance varies per trip, and per group, but usually it’s no less than 3 miles.
After about 5.5 hours of hiking and exploring the glacier environment, it’s time to board the plane for the return flight back to Kenai. Once again you’ll get 30 minutes of amazing flightseeing. The entire trip takes about 6 to 6.5 hours.
- TRIP TIME: See Booking Calendar for trip start times
*If availabilities aren’t listed, please contact us.
- Check-In: Please arrive 60 minutes prior to start time for check-in, safety briefing, & gear fitment.
- Meeting Place: Meet at the flight office in Kenai, AK. Driving directions are provided with your reservation.
- *Minimum Age: 10 years old. Under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult. (See NOTE Below)
- Terrain: The hiking is moderate to strenuous and involves hiking on uneven, slippery, rocky terrain, and ice (with crampons).
- What To Bring:
- Sturdy, well broken-in hiking boots are required.
- Waterproof rain jacket with hood, and rain pants.
- Clothes for dressing in layers; dress for current weather conditions in clothing of synthetic materials.
- Camera, sunglasses, sunscreen, water bottle and any personal items.
- Round trip bush plane flights
- Professional Mountaineering Guide
- Deli-Style Lunch (wrap, piece of fruit, granola bar)
- Glacier equipment: crampons, harness, helmet, trekking poles, small backpack
- Bring your GoPro, our helmets have GoPro mounts!.
*NOTE: Age minimum of 10 years old. We may be able to accommodate children under 10, please contact us to discuss in more detail.
Subject to favorable weather conditions.