- Ages: 14 years +
- Duration: 8-10 hours
- Departs: Kenai, AK
- Location: Alaska Range River
- Exertion: Moderate
- Price: $995 per person
*Minimum: 4 participants per trip required to guarantee (2 participants possible with a $250/person surcharge)
*Solo travelers welcome with at least 2 other people already booked
Ask us about custom dates for individuals, couples, families, and groups.
TRIP DETAILS & ITINERARY
Enjoy a beautiful floatplane flight from Kenai to the Alaska Range, followed by 15 miles of packrafting on a glacial river, a trip of a lifetime!
Explore the Alaskan wilderness on an exhilarating packrafting journey down a glacial fed river! You fly in a float plane, paddle down a river in a packraft, and cap the trip off with a scenic floatplane flight back to the mainland! This is a great trip to experience a side of Alaska many don’t see, doing something most have never done.
Your adventure begins with a magnificent floatplane flight from Kenai to a glacier lake nestled in the mountains. Once at the glacier lake you’ll inflate your packraft, and begin learning packrafting basics and safe boating in cold water. We spend time paddling around the lake while you get a feel for the packraft, and learn packrafting techniques.
We begin the river portion once everyone is comfortable and add in whitewater paddling instruction as we make our way down the river. The river is mainly class I-II, with possible class III techincal-sections depending on water levels. We portage around sections that you or your guide aren’t comfortable with.
We stop along the way for occasional snack breaks, and photo opportunities. We have a riverside lunch, and make our way to the end of the river where it flows into a large lake. Once at the lake we deflate our packrafts and pack the away in the provided backpack, then it’s just a short hike to where floatplane picks us up to take us back to Kenai.
*Instructional based course/trip. No experience is necessary.
Want to learn Alaska packrafting on multiple rivers? Check out our Multi-Day Packrafting Instruction Course
- Professional guide service
- Expert packraft instruction
- Outbound and inbound floatplane flight
- Deli lunch (wraps)
- River boots
- Dry bag and/or dry-backpack
- Terrain and Gear: The hiking portion is rated at moderate; depending on the terrain conditions, which can range from really soft sand to deep sticky mud. The rafting is moderate to strenuous with sections of class II/II+ rapids. If there are obstacles or obstructions we portage around them. We outfit you with the river gear necessary for paddling a glacial river. Bring rain gear as you may need it until you are suited up. Please dress in layers for current weather conditions.
- Meeting Place: *Check-in time is 60 minutes prior to start time. Meeting place is at our flight office in Kenai, details will be provided with your reservation confirmation.