This remote Alaska heli-rafting adventure begins with a floatplane ride out to remote lake in the Alaska Range. A combo adventure trip of epic proportions. World-class bear viewing, with heli-rafting on a river flowing through a remote mountain pass. We are the only company offering a heli-rafting trip in this part of Alaska! Join in for an true one-of-a-kind adventure experience!
$ CALLPer Person
- Season: June – September
- Location: Alaska Range & Redoubt Bay
- Departs From: Kenai, AK
- Start Time: See Booking Calendar
- Duration: 11-12 Hours
- Age Limit: Ages 5 and up
- Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
THIS IS YOUR TICKET TO ADVENTURE!
Behold, Kenai Backcountry Adventures’ crown jewel of day tours. This is an exclusive two part tour that includes a world-class bear viewing tour and an epic helicopter rafting trip on a glacier fed river. Your day of adventure begins with an exhilarating floatplane flight to a remote lodge…
- Alaska black and brown bear in their natural habitat
- Experienced naturalist guides
- Scenic flightseeing
- Round trip floatplane flight
- Thrilling helicopter ride
- Custom float experience – with or without whitewater
- Shoreside lunch
- Daily departures
- Extended and overnight packages available
Bear Viewing: Upon arriving at the lodge, you will board a pontoon boat to take part in a world class bear viewing tour. You will be accompanied by a trained naturalist guide who will take you for an up close and safe view of these magnificent animals in their natural habitat.
Heli-Rafting Adventure: From the lodge you’ll fly in a helicopter to a beautiful river tucked away in a mountain pass. The pilot will drop you off at the edge of the river directly across from a magnificent hanging glacier. Your guide will prepare a delicious riverside lunch, then it’s time for the float trip. You’ll be surrounded by dramatic glaciers, cascading waterfalls, towering mountains, and lush boreal forests. This is an unscripted, freestyle float trip with ample opportunities to take photos and breathe in the fresh mountain air. At the end of the float you’ll board the helicopter for a thrilling flight back to the lodge. Your day ends with yet another amazing flight back to the mainland.
We hope you find the information on this page useful. But if you need help booking your trip or have any questions please contact us.
- How it works: Groups of 8 guests or more are split into 2 groups. One group will go on the bear viewing tour, and the other group will go on the heli-float trip; after the conclusion of each trip, the groups will switch and partake in the other activity. It’s a full day of fun!
- Check-In: Please arrive 30 minutes prior to start time to check-in.
- Meeting Place: The flight office in Kenai, driving directions are provided with your reservation confirmation. We offer pickup at accommodations within Kenai city limits with advanced reservations.
- Terrain: The float trip may involve mild sections of whitewater, and water may splash into the raft and on guests. River banks and gravel bars are often slippery with uneven footing.
- Children: Minimum age is 5 years old. Under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- What To Bring: Please eat a hearty breakfast in the morning prior to arriving for your trip. Bring snacks, and a full water bottle. Sturdy, well broken-in hiking boots or shoes. Waterproof rain jacket and rain pants. Clothes for dressing in layers; dress for current weather conditions. Camera, sunglasses, sunscreen, bug spray, and any personal items. Cash if offering guide gratuities.
- Inclusions: Riverside lunch, water, hot drinks. All internal flights; floatplane, helicopter. Guided bear viewing tour and guided river raft float tour. Float trip: PFD, small dry sack, rubber boots.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.