If you’re a sweet tooth you’re going to love this super easy chocolate recipe you can whip up at home. All you’ll need is 3 ingredients plus any toppings you might like to include.
*Note: Coconut oil has a low melting temperature, so be careful about how you pack this for warm days in the backcountry – especially in bear country.
MAKING HEALTHY CHOCOLATE AT HOME
- Coconut oil – organic is best
- Cacao powder
- Agave nectar (can substitute honey or maple syrup)
- Toppings (if desired): nuts, sea salt, dried fruit, etc.
- Melt the coconut oil gently on a low heat if required.
- Mix cacao powder and agave nectar together with the coconut oil until a smooth paste is formed.
- Allow the mixture to cool and thicken slightly in the fridge before spreading evenly on a flat piece of baking paper.
- Once the mixture is spread thinly on the baking paper, you may choose to add some toppings. For example crushed nuts, goji berries, sea salt etc.
- Place the baking paper in the freezer for around 30 minutes to fully harden.
- Break the chocolate off the baking paper and enjoy!