TRAVEL AGENT GUIDELINES
- Kenai Backcountry Adventures (KBA) is an experienced Alaska adventure travel company. We’re in the business of helping people with an adventurous spirit realize their travel dreams, you can trust us to provide your client with a safe and memorable travel experience that will exceed their expectations.
- For 2016, we are offering unique adventures—from easy journeys to more physically demanding expeditions, including trips in areas where we’re the only guide and outfitter permitted to offer trips. The hallmark of all KBA trips is outstanding leadership in the field, high level of service, and unique itineraries.
- Our website is a vital resource in adventure planning. Our trips are easily found by destination or activity, and detailed itineraries are available on each trip page. We also have categories for special interest trips like Family Adventures, Wildlife, Hiking and Photography trips.
- Should you or your client want a more detailed itinerary, just call one of our main office 1-907-420-7742.
- Many of our group trips will operate with as few as two to four passengers (see individual itineraries for minimum and maximum size group). We also offer a series of Private Adventures, “off the shelf” itineraries to accommodate private group travel, and in most cases, even solo travelers. We can also run most of the trips in our group adventures catalog as a FIT for groups of eight or more, as well as create custom itineraries to meet the needs of your clients.
- As a bonus to our valued Travel Agent partners, we can also develop trips that are exclusive to your agency with special rates for your clients only. Ask about details.
- And lastly, we generally pay 10% commission, with incentives up to 20% commission on the base land cost of both our group, private adventure and special trips subject to following conditions:
- TA commission, generally 10%-20%, will be paid on the base land cost of the trip. Tier charges, internal airfare, single supplements, park fees, extra hotel nights, insurance, taxes and extensions do not qualify for commission.
- The travel agent must make the booking with KBA and will not be allowed to pick-up the booking and receive commission if the client has made the booking directly with KBA.
- If the travel agent makes the booking with KBA but the client works directly with KBA after the initial booking is made, the travel agent commission will be reduced to 5%.
- Some special trips are exempt from travel agent commissions.
- If a trip has been discounted for any reason the commission will be paid on the discounted base land cost.
- Travel agent commissions will not be paid until after the departure of a trip and all required paperwork has been received from the travel agent (i.e. copy of IATA list and W-9 is on file with KBA accounting).
If you have any questions, or want more information, please call us at 1-907-420-7742.