BACKCOUNTRY FLY FISHING ADVENTURE
RATES & RESERVATIONS
BACKCOUNTRY FLY FISHINGALASKA FLY FISHING
$ 3,999Per Person
Seven days of fishing in Alaska is the vacation of dreams for many anglers worldwide. It’s time to get in on the action. This trip is designed for fly-fishermen that seek the thrill of fishing off the beaten path. Being in the middle of nowhere casting into an alpine lake or stream. Your Alaska backcountry fly fishing trip is an all-inclusive, vacation packed full of quintessential Alaska fly fishing and much more. Your nightly accommodations are a beautiful Alaskan Log Lodge, complete with gourmet meals and beverages. After a long day of fishing, relax on the deck and enjoy your favorite beverage as you tell tales of the one that got away.
Each day brings a new fishing spot, new scenery, and new adventure. Some days are spent hiking up to secluded alpine lakes full of unsuspecting fish, while other days are spent hiking through the woods to secret fishing holes. There is a full spectrum of fishing opportunities ranging from hike-in, float-trips, boats, and fly-outs. You’ll fish small streams, big rivers, alpine lakes, and places in between.
- The King salmon run is the most popular fishery. The run begins in late May and peaks in the second week in June.
- Dolly Varden begins running early in July and continues throughout the summer and fall.
- Pink salmon runs begin in mid-July and extend into August. Larger runs of Pink salmon occur on even numbered years.
- Silver salmon begin running at the end of July and persist until the beginning of September.
- Steelhead runs begin in late August and continue into October. This aggressive and prized fish is pursued by the hardiest of anglers with fly-fishing being the most popular and successful method.
- Rainbows are present in most waters we fish and can be caught throughout the season, becoming really good in late summer, early fall.
- Arctic Grayling are present in many areas throughout the year.
*Run times are approximate and for reference. Fish and run timing may not apply to a particular river, or to a particular area on a river. Sport fishing regulations in Alaska are subject to change, and just because a species may be running, it does not always mean they can be fished.
- Season: July – October
- Begins/Ends: Anchorage, AK
- Duration: 7 Days
- Difficulty: Easy to Strenuous
- Terrain and Gear: Trips may involve challenging terrain on and off-trails. *Rain gear is required. Please dress for current weather conditions. It’s best to layer clothing. Trip may vary due to trail, waterways, and weather conditions.
- Ground transportation to/from Anchorage
- All internal modes of transportation
- Accommodations: Lodge (6)
- All meals (as mentioned in itinerary)
- Beverages; water, coffee, tea, spirits
- Professional guide service
- Fly fishing instruction
- Satellite phone, GPS, maps, location tracker
- Medical kits, and repair gear
- Safety equipment
- Laundry service
- All park fees
- Travel to and from Anchorage, AK prior to trip
- Lodging before and after your trip
- Additional lodging nights
- Meals (not indicated in itinerary)
- Personal gear (rain gear, clothing, day pack, personal items, etc.)
- Fishing gear (waders, boots, rods/reels, tackles, etc)
- Fishing license
- Travel insurance (required)
[social_buttons full_width_icons=”true” facebook=”true” twitter=”true” google_plus=”true” linkedin=”true” pinterest=”true” hide_share_count=”true”]