Location: Seward, Alaska
Job Type: Full-time (non-seasonal)
Wage: Salary (DOE); bonus potential
Kenai Backcountry Adventures is seeking a sales-minded and action-oriented General Manager to join our team located in Seward, Alaska. Demonstrated success as a leader in similar settings is required of the GM.
Kenai Backcountry Adventures’ portfolio of offerings spans throughout the state of Alaska with each team member sharing a commitment to superior service and purveying an exceptional experience for our guests, clients, and partners.
Our GM is a generalist and a specialist who is familiar with all areas of business and can coordinate processes and operations across the organization. The GM must speak the languages of finance and accounting, operations, sales, marketing, networking, human resources, research and development, and design. The GM ensures that all functional areas for strategy, structure, budgets, people, financial outcomes, and scorecard metrics are functioning at the highest levels and capacities at all times.
We intend to strengthen our industry-presence and business leadership with a GM who is sales-minded, action-oriented, organized, attune to details, passionate about people, life, and travel.
Who is the ideal GM candidate?
- High-level sales acumen, and networking master
- You are a leader with a passion for the outdoors and wild places
- Professional at the core, with an enthusiasm that can’t be stopped
- You can work circles around your peers, you’re known for your work-ethic
- You regularly do “outdoor things” and you love getting after it
- You can multitask like a pro
- Oversee daily operations.
- Ensure the creation and implementation of strategies designed for business growth.
- Coordinate the development of key performance goals for functions and direct reports.
- Provide direct management of key functional managers in the organization.
- Ensure the development of tactical programs to pursue targeted goals and objectives.
- Ensure the overall delivery and quality of the company’s offerings to customers, and partners.
- Engage in key or targeted customer activities.
- Oversee key hiring and talent development programs.
- Evaluate key investments in equipment, infrastructure, and talent.
- Communicate strategy and results to the company’s employees.
- Report key results to leadership.
- Engage with leadership in broader organizational strategic planning.
- Direct employees & delegate administrative tasks.
- Physical presence in multiple locations leading various business divisions.
- Management and training experience; self-motivated leader; yet unafraid to be a team player, working through tasks and details.
- Strong sales acumen and enjoys setting and working towards targets and goals.
- Proven sales record with at least 7 years of selling, and/or business development experience; B2B, or B2C.
- Driven for exceptional, 5-star service with excellent and professional written and verbal communication skills with a variety of personality types.
- Travel and/or high-end hospitality industry experience preferred.
- Understanding of marketing automation tools and experience with applications is preferred.
- Aptitude for organization as a system-driven thinker and excellent process management skills.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented; able to prioritize and efficiently manage multiple tasks, consistently meeting scheduled deadlines.
- Enjoys adapting to new priorities and deadlines in a high-paced and fast-changing environment; able to excel working both individually and as part of a team.
- Adept at working in databases and managing extensive amounts of data.
- Prefer geographic, cultural, and natural history knowledge in key destinations marketed and sold by KBA.
- Advanced computer skills required and ability to quickly master new technologies.
- Superior judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Reliable internet access (during work-at-home days)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strategic planning skills: must ensure the development and implementation of a clear strategic plan for the organization and/or divisions.
- Financial planning skills: responsible for looking at the future of the business and making key investments and investment recommendations.
- Interpersonal skills: must be able to support the development of a healthy internal culture that retains key employees and encourages their professional development.
- Leadership skills: responsible for leading entire business divisions of the organization.
- Paid vacation/time-off
- Sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Healthcare plan
- Relocation assistance
- Friends and family discounts
- Award trips
- Company outings
- Product discounts
- Pro deals, industry discounts
- Waiting period may apply
Salary & Benefits (Salary DOE)
Please send a resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
KBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and a Drug Free Workplace.